Monday, June 8, 2009

A lot to report

Becca was here visiting two weekends ago. We had a short, but nice time to catch up and hang out.

I made a cake for her homecoming and Brittanie and Jim's farewell for our cook out. I thought I would use decorating icing to write Welcome Home Becca, Farewell Brittanie and Jim, but 30 minutes prior to everyone arriving, Chris and I realized that the icing tube needed a tip (we didn't read the directions on the back) So, I improvised and it turned out horrible...but, everyone got a great laugh.
This past weekend was my birthday weekend. We started off Saturday morning with the removal of our HUGE cherry blossom tree...and before everyone freaks out on us for cutting it down, it was completely infested with ants and rotting from the inside. It was time. We also took the opportunity to dig out the HUGE dying rose bush in the back to. The bush was to the right of the grill. The yard is SLOWLY coming together, we still have a lot of work to do.




























And lastly, my birthday.. Chris' surprised me with dinner in Georgetown at Sequoia. We were able to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. He also took me to Coach and I was able to get my pink purse that I had been wanting. It is exactly what I wanted!! I also got a facial gift certificate to Lorien Spa from Chris, a Gift card to Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spas from the Andresen's, and (don't laugh) professional clippers (for Chase) from my parents.














We finished our weekend with the Lockards joining us last night for the next couple nights... they are moving to Texas on Wednesday morning, so we are lucky to have them with us their last nights!

No comments: